by: Frederick Boucher [ ]
Originally published on:
Der MASS:STAB...is Herpa's bi-monthly flagship car and truck publication. This is 2/2015, the March-April 2015 issue.
InsideMASS:STAB editor Oliver Kaschel pens an editorial which sets the tone for the magazine. Next is an update of Herpa Car Club News announcing winners of the year’s specials, plus the new releases.
COVER STORYPioniertat aus Materialnot – AWZ P70 / Pioneering of Materialnot: Featuring the prototypes and Herpa models of the East German P70 wagon.
A review of the AWZ can be found at this link, Click here for additional images for this review , below.
CONVERSIONS / UMBAU1. Kautetzky the Second: modeler Thema Kautetzky displays his custom fleet of semi trucks.
2. Federgewicht / Feather-weight: major modifications to create special sports cars seen at the 2013 IAA show.
3. Peters Werkzeugkiste – Kranbau einmal anders (Peters Toolbox - crane with a difference) Stepcraft 420: Peter Schmäring demonstrates using the STEPCRAFT CNC-/3D-Sytsem to fabricate an original operating crane.
NEUHEITEN / NEWS
1. Spielwarenmessen – Messenachlese / Toy Fairs - Exhibition news:: Nuremberg model show and new Herpa models are reported: brand new DAF semi tractor and trailer, Citroën 2 CV “Ente”; 1/43 Audi and Volkswagen and more; Liebherr crane; modern military AFV, plus other new debuts.
2. Herpa-Neuheiten Mai und Juni 2015: Pending releases for May and June are showcased.
3. Nue von Herpa: An new archive DVD.
REPORTING 1. Hannover’s First Address: spotlighting “Train & Play”, an important hobby shop in Hannover, Germany.
2. Factory Fresh off the assembly line / Oldtimer fabrikneu vom Band: examining the Eastern Block Russian UAZ-452 van.
DIORAMA1. Model School, 12th / Modellbauschule, de Zwölfte: feature about the 12th model making school and the logging dioramas created by the participants.
2. King of the Sky / König der Lüfte: modeler Frank Hadel creates a diorama depicting R/C modelers flying an R/C Airbus A380.
The final several pages include advertisements and an events calendar, catalogues from other manufacturers, looking back at the 1985 and 1995 DER MASS:STAB, new books, and a preview of the 2015-3 DER MASS:STAB.
wrapping upHerpa has published another wonderful magazine for models. It shows products, modelers, techniques, new ideas, new processes – who could ask for more? The only problem aside from it is a German language magazine and unless one speaks or reads German at a high level, some things will be missed. Also, some of the article titles in the table of contents are different from the titles of the article page.
Overall, a fine and useful magazine for models with an interest in subjects produced by Herpa, and for general modeling.
Please tell vendors and retailers that you saw this magaizine here - on RailRoad Modeling.
Click here for additional images for this review.