O Scale Washtub, Board and Wringer Set
Product Code: 0152
Media: White metal and resin
Unique details set the scene, whether as part of a model railroad layout or a diorama vignette. O Scalers and Quarterscalers, ever wanted to treat your model figures to clean clothes? Now you can with this Wiseman Model Services set of an old-time washtub, board and wringer in 1/48.
Washtub, Board and Wringer Set
This set arrived in a zip-locked baggie with a simple paper identifying what it is. Three pieces make this set of an old-timey hand cranked wringer, wash board, and wooden washtub. The wringer and scrubber are metal and the tub is resin.
The scrub board has a low seam line along the edges. The tub had a little thin flash along the bottom. It also has one air bubble hole along the bottom.
These are nicely cast and have good detail. Gears and adjustment gizmos detail the sides of the wringer. The scrub board only features simulated corrugation on one side.
Two bands encompass the middle of the wooden tub. The upper one is broad but not straight around the tub; I can't decide if that is intended or if it was sculpted poorly. The close-up photos look like it models a band that is slipping down the tub.
Setting on the rim of the tub, the wringer handle reaches the base. Photographs I've looked at of similar prototypes show them all set upon stools.
No prototype is mentioned. Zillions looked similar as you can view at a site I found about 1,000s of old washing systems at the link below: Click here for additional images for this review
Instructions, Painting Guide, Decals
None. Your best resource is the aforementioned washer website.
This is a neat little simple set of an old scrub board washer with a hand wringer. Whether you are modeling O scale railroadia or 1/48 military or civilian dioramas, this will make a unique addition to your scene. Recommended.
Wiseman Model Services
Wiseman Models Services is a company that specializes in shortline and logging/mine railroad subjects. They have a huge selection of train rolling stock, road vehicles, and detail parts. Wiseman Models have acquired a treasure trove of models formerly produced by beloved model manufacturers. Some of these are:
Please remember, when contacting retailers or manufacturers, to mention that you saw their products highlighted here – on RailRoadModeling
1. Former American Model Builders kits: several kits previously produced by American Model Builders, including the Skeleton Log Car, Disconnects, Shop Crane, and those cool Bates Bulldozers, Crawlers and Logging Arch.
2. Former Durango Press O scale kits
3. National Motor Company Vehicle kits: Wiseman Model Services is now offering The National Motor Company line of HO 1/87 and O scale 1/48 vehicle kits.
4. On3 and On30 Former Thomas A. Yorke kits: We have recently acquired from Tom some of his formerly produced resin rolling stock kits.
5. On-Trak Models HO and O scale Vehicles: HO and O scale Scale Structures limited and Walker Model Services Truck kits
6. Railway Engineering Agency: HO structure and Mining kits included Old Town Lighting, Mining Hoists and The Horseshoe Meadows Depot.
7. Smoky Mountain Series kits: Smoky Mountain Model Works is still in business, but concentrating on S scale kits.
8. Triangle Scale Models Sn3 Freight Car kits: Craftsman Kit line, mostly Colorado prototype rolling stock and some logging.
9. V&T Shops kits: Wiseman Model Services now owns the V&T Shops which We acquired from Dale Darney and His family.