O Scale Large Steamer Trunks
Product Code: 0186
Quantity: 3 Per Package
Unique details set the scene, whether as part of a model railroad layout or a diorama vignette. O Scalers and Quarterscalers, ever wanted to treat your model figures to a place to store their gear? Now you can with this Wiseman Model Services set of 3 Large Steamer Trunks in 1/48.
Large Steamer Trunks
This set arrived in a zip-locked baggie with a simple paper identifying what it is. Three resin trunks per pack. Wiseman also makes them in S (1/64) and HO (1/87).
Each trunk had a little thin flash along the bottom. Two also have molding flaws -- I can't tell if a hair got in the mold. Two have little air bubble holes but not where they can be seen.
These are nicely cast and have good detail. All three trunks are the same. They feature raised strap, handle, and hardware detail. Fine slight recessed lines represent edge and side reinforcing.
No prototype is mentioned. Steamer trunks came in various designs. What differences I have seen are covering and decorations. Most trunks I've seen are either bare varnished wood or covered in leather. Sometimes even in what looks to be a felt. Then the reinforcing bands of iron, steel, brass, etc.
I found photos of old trunks at the link below: Click here for additional images for this review
Instructions, Painting Guide, Decals
None. Your best resource is the aforementioned link. I painted each one differently.
I wonder if Wiseman molded each trunk in a different color of resin to create variety?
Nice little simple large steamer trunks. The casting quality differs with flaws and depth of recessed detail lines. Still, they look good. Whether you are modeling O scale railroadia or 1/48 military or civilian dioramas, this will make a unique addition to your scene. Recommended.
Wiseman Model Services
Wiseman Models Services is a company that specializes in shortline and logging/mine railroad subjects. They have a huge selection of train rolling stock, road vehicles, and detail parts. Wiseman Models have acquired a treasure trove of models formerly produced by beloved model manufacturers. Some of these are:
Please remember, when contacting retailers or manufacturers, to mention that you saw their products highlighted here – on RailRoadModeling
1. Former American Model Builders kits: several kits previously produced by American Model Builders, including the Skeleton Log Car, Disconnects, Shop Crane, and those cool Bates Bulldozers, Crawlers and Logging Arch.
2. Former Durango Press O scale kits
3. National Motor Company Vehicle kits: Wiseman Model Services is now offering The National Motor Company line of HO 1/87 and O scale 1/48 vehicle kits.
4. On3 and On30 Former Thomas A. Yorke kits: We have recently acquired from Tom some of his formerly produced resin rolling stock kits.
5. On-Trak Models HO and O scale Vehicles: HO and O scale Scale Structures limited and Walker Model Services Truck kits
6. Railway Engineering Agency: HO structure and Mining kits included Old Town Lighting, Mining Hoists and The Horseshoe Meadows Depot.
7. Smoky Mountain Series kits: Smoky Mountain Model Works is still in business, but concentrating on S scale kits.
8. Triangle Scale Models Sn3 Freight Car kits: Craftsman Kit line, mostly Colorado prototype rolling stock and some logging.
9. V&T Shops kits: Wiseman Model Services now owns the V&T Shops which We acquired from Dale Darney and His family.