These precisely cut hand tools are suitable for dioramas of engine houses, gas stations, mechanics, air fields, armor and other vehicle maintenance, and even stuffing into the pockets and pouches of figures.
Vector CutVector Cut
used a laser to create ultra high resolution models in laser board, plastic and wood, as whole kits and detail items. A sampling of Vector Cut models include:
• Architectural details
• Conversions kits
• Electrical transmission tower
• Rooftop tv antennas
• Ornamental carpentry assortment (running trim; decorative trim; spandrels)
• Screen doors and window fans
• Door mats and industrial floor mats
• Dog houses
• Lettering sets
• Basketball backboards with hoops
• Fire escapes
• Manhole cover and sewer grating
• Folding security gates with locks (relief cut for 3 dimensional detail)
• Cat silhouettes for model windows
• Steam radiator
• Hot dogs, hamburgers and donuts
• Steam age industrial gears and handwheels
• Horse shoes and barn hinges
• Builder's anno plates
• Nuts, bolts, washers
• Vehicles components
Scales offered include O scale - 1/48, HO - 1/87, and 1/144 and N scale.
Vector Cut doesn't just make land locked models. Model ships are treated to laser engraved wood decks and parts. These include:
* 1/72 Scale 80 Foot Elco PT Boat Foot Rails for Revell Kit
* 1/350 Real Wood Scale Planked Deck for Zvesda's Imperial Russian Navy Cruiser Varyag
* 1/350 Real Wood Scale Planked Deck for Revell's Imperial German Navy Light Cruiser SMS Emden
Vector Cut's site also includes tips & techniques.
These amazing scale reproductions are lased and relief engraved in .0145" laserboard. Two laserboard "sprues" hold 90 wrenchs, sockets, pliers, paint brushes, etc., in different sizes. There are no 'rounded' tools such as screwdrivers or hammers; in this scale the lack of rounding should be undetectable. They are simply packed in a plastic bag stapled to a label backing.
I painted the parts with Vallejo and Polly Scale acrylics. It did not deform the laserboard.
A picture is worth a thousand words and I include an image of choice tools next to three smaller scaled figures so that you can judge these tools for yourself.
In a word, I find these tools incredible! They are ultra high resolution models and suitable for several popular model scales. I suppose the lack of no 'rounded' tools, such as screwdrivers or hammers, is the only thing that keeps this set from a perfect score.
I find these tools incredible and absolutely recommend them!
Please remember to tell manufacturers and retailers that you saw these here - on RailRoadModeling!