Took about a week to finish the base painting of the tri color camo paint scheme. I started off with a 2:3 ratio of Mig Ammo Satin White thinned with Tamiya Yellow Cap, and AB'd at a flow rate of 14-16 psi. After several lite coats I was happy with the mottling effect I had achieved.
I let that dry for a day as I had decided on using the worm method of masking for soft demarcation lines. Rather then Blu-Tac, I've been using Silly Putty for the last few years without any issues. Sticks better, and doesn't leave any oily residue as I've read every so often.
Next color I AB'd was the Sea Blue ANA 606 with the closed accepted FS match being 25042. I let that dry for a day, then more Silly string worms and I shot the Intermediate Blue/Gray ANA 608/FS 25042.
After I cleaned my AB, I removed the Tamiya tape and worms. The demarcation line looked ok, but I had just plain missed it in a few areas. So l've been touching up various spots and areas AB'ing free hand, and little by little it's looking like it should. I still have one area of Intermediate Blue to re-due a 3rd time as the re-due is brighter then the rest of the area, which doesn't make much sense. I'll concentrate on feathering out the paint patch, but leave the final blending for the weathering process.
The random marbling is clearly visible in the Sea blue, but really doesn't show up at all in the Intermediate Blue. I'm going to assume that I applied to many coats of paint.
As I said, I have a little more touch up work to do over the next day or so, then Gloss coat with Testors Glosscoat and start the decaling process.