Jim offered me an opportunity to try out the new Real Colors from Ak Interactive. I love trying out new paints. Acrylics, enamels, oils, when a new paint hits the market, Ill snag some up. So this was an opportunity I found hard to pass up.
The kit I chose to try out the new paints on is the Cyber-hobby Panzer IV B. Now it should be mentioned that I have tried to build a Dragon panzer iv twice before. Both times the build was abandoned due to fit issues or just the sheer number of parts. But as the saying goes, third times the charm....Hopefully.
This blog starts a few steps into the build, having already completed the daunting task of assembling the suspension and some portions of the upper hull. We are appropriately 837 parts into the build at this stage and have about 14,217 parts left until we can start laying down some paint.
Ok, maybe not that many parts but there are quite a few left. Those that have built a dragon kit before can emphasize with me on this one.
Enough rambling, enjoy the pictures.
I had to shave down the front bump stops a little in order for the front suspension arms to articulate. For some reason the where a little on the long side and the suspension hardly had any travel.
In my rush to clean the upper hull from the sprues, I managed to shave off a portion of the side. A little bit of strip styrene and some filler and you wont even know I goofed.